Pages

Monday 13 January 2014

Scaredy Cat?

Hello there!

Today I'm going to write about 3 Fears I have


1. Public Speaking

Despite my confidence when I talk to friends, I crumble in front of audiences. It's actually kind of weird because I'm absolutely fine in drama. I think it's only when I have to actually talk to the audience, and make eye contact, I worry. I have know idea which side of the family this came from, because the rest of my family are loud, friendly and confident (I'm more the strong silent character when it comes to new people). When I talk in front of people, my face just goes straight and I look uninterested, but I'm just nervous. In primary school, I was really confident, but after a while it died down I guess. I think it's because, as a child, you feel like no-one judges you. But now, I feel a lot more self- conscious.

2. Scuba Diving

I love water. I feel comfortable siting in the ocean, on boats and snorkelling. But when I went on holiday with my extended family a few years back, we were going to go scuba diving. After the hour-long crash course, I was worried sick. It wasn't so much the idea of being trapped numerous feet of water, it was more what I had heard my uncle say earlier and the sinus that runs through my family. My uncle was a pro scuba diver- he dived at least once a week. I overheard him talking to my dad and my dad asked, "How long does one of the tanks last?" My uncle's response: "It depends." That got me. Also, the thing about little nitrogen bubbles in your blood stream spooked me out. I literally burst into tears before we went scuba diving. So I just went snorkelling instead... And enjoyed the small fish tickle my skin.

3. Teachers

I don't really have a lot of 'legitimate' fears (at least none I could think of). So this is just a little one. When I was small, my school was very much into 'the teacher is God, respect the teacher, don't talk back, etc. So, I was very respectful and never questioned teachers orders. But it kind of came to a point where I was worried sick when a teacher reached a 1 meter radius. My mind races and my heart pounds in my chest when a teacher calls on me or anything. It's really weird. As much as I try to tell myself- it's okay, it'f just a teacher trying to help you, I still get worried.

So those are 3 fears I could think of... Fears? More like worries~ Enjoy :)


No comments:

Post a Comment